Discover more from Innowayt Blog exclusively for the travel industry folks!
How to Boost Sales in a Travel Agency in India?
Or, any other country for that matter!
The travel industry is one of the largest sectors in the world and encompasses a wide variety of business and customer needs. As the travel begins to return, the number one focus is to boost sales in your travel agency.
To help your travel business stand out, here are a few strategies you can implement and make more sales and revenue.
1. Ask For Client Referrals – Referrals helps you network and reach the right people, allowing your business to become more visible to potential customers. If you get your clients to refer you to their circles, you will get access to more markets.
Word-of-mouth referrals also generate leads since people trust what their family members or friends say about a business or service. So, rewarding these referrals will help you reach more audiences.
2. Highlight the USPs of your products/services – Instead of competing with your competitors, focus on the unique benefits of your services. When you provide the best experience to your customers then they will spread good word of mouth about your agency. This in turn ensures returning customers and attracting new potential customers.
3. Use Technology for bookings
– The COVID crisis has led to the digitization of the travel industry and it has also changed how travelers book their trips and how agencies sell their products. Offering online bookings is a great way to boost your sales with an online travel agency. People rely on technology more and more these days and not having it will end up losing a greater number of sales.
4. Leverage Social Media
Social Media is full of opportunities to promote your online travel agency business and increase your sales and many of your prospective clients hang out here online. The trick to utilize social media to its fullest is to stay active on it. Just a few minutes a day is good to start. Engage with people on social media, post engaging content, target the right audience and you never know it might get converted to a sale.
5. Get Customer Reviews
People need to trust your business before they can book from your agency. Positive feedback and reviews are important for that. Once your client finishes their trip, request them to leave feedback on your preferred platforms. The more positive feedback you have, the greater number of clients you can attract.
6. Upsell products – Offering additional packages on top of the standard packages is the best way to increase your revenue per customer. For example, if a customer is going on a city tour, offer lunch and dinner options to go along with it.
7. Package Travel elements into unique travel products and offer multi-day tours
Try to offer a better price by selling hotels, flights, and other activities together to create a unique experience for your customers.
Try to provide excellent service and make your customer happy. Boosting sales and winning new customers can sometimes be challenging but by using the above-proven strategies and technologies, you can land great customers and returning customers, provided you give them unique and personalized experiences.